Tender gluten-free pancakes made with almond flour, bananas, apple sauce and our new Macadamia Nut Butters – Roasted and Dark Choc. Need we say more? Macadamia nuts are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and fibre, both of which helps you feel fuller for longer, and gives a great little energy kick any time of day. They’re so easy to make and delicious as a breakfast, snack or lunchbox treat.
Serves 4 (Makes 16)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 375ml (1½ cups) almond milk
- 180ml (¾ cup / 93g) gluten-free flour
- 180ml (¾ cup / 93g) almond flour
- 180ml (¾ cup / 150g) bananas, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) apple sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Mokhado Roasted Macadamia Nut Butter or Mokhado Macadamia Oil
- 20ml (4 tsp) coconut sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- pinch salt
- Mokhado Macadamia Oil, for shallow-frying
- 80ml (⅓ cups / 75g) Mokhado Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter
- 60ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 30ml (2 tbsp) almond milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 375ml (1½ cups / 150g) frozen mixed berries, to serve
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush the pan with some of Mokhado Macadamia Oil. Add about a quarter of a cup of batter per pancake. Cook, 1-2 minutes, until bubbles form all over the top, flip the pancakes over and cook another minute. Wipe out the pan with some kitchen paper and brush the pan again with some oil before cooking the rest of the pancakes. Drain on kitchen paper.
Whisk the ingredients together and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds until warm and runny.
TIP: For chocolate flavoured pancakes, replace the Roasted Macadamia Nut Butter with Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter.
TIP: Serving the warm pancakes with the frozen berries allows the berries to slowly melt while you eat but they can also be served with fresh berries, if preferred.
TIP: The maple syrup can easily be replaced with agave, if preferred.