Kick off Sunday the right way with our homemade Beet Patties!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium raw beets, peeled and roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil + more for cooking patties
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 diced cucumber (medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A drizzle of Macadamia Oil to serve.
Add the rolled oats, drained and rinsed chickpeas, and fresh dill to a food processor and pulse for 5 seconds.
Add the white vinegar then continue to blend until the mixture appears finely chopped and sticks together when you press it between your fingers. Scoop the mixture out into a large bowl and set aside.
Add the onion, garlic cloves, and beets to the food processor then blend until finely chopped. In a large pan, warm the Avocado oil over medium heat. Add the beet mixture from the food processor, sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until soft. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the chickpeas.
Add the chickpea flour to the bowl and stir together until well-combined. If the mixture appears too wet, add more flour (1 tablespoon at a time) until it’s dry enough to hold together.
Taking the mixture using your hands to form individual patties, try to keep them equal in size. Cook them in on oiled pan over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, make the tzatziki by combining everything in a small bowl. Stir together until well-combined. Serve the patties warm topped with tzatziki and enjoy!