There is nothing quite like the unique taste and texture of fresh figs, and while they’re in season we love creating delicious bakes like this rustic Fig and Almond Cake, made with Macadamia Oil.
1 cup almond meal
9 fresh figs
½ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup sugar (1 tbsp for figs)
1/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
60ml Mokhado Macadamia Oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 200C and lightly grease a 20cm cake tin with a little macadamia oil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, macadamia oil, and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour the batter into the tin.
- Remove the stem from each fig, then cut in half.
- Arrange the figs evenly and push them gently into the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the figs, then bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before serving and enjoy!