Nothing beats classic bruschetta using in-season ripened tomatoes straight off the vine, tossed in grassy avocado oil and chopped fresh basil. We use plant-based cashew cheese to give this classic dish an extra boost of flavour… serve as an antipasti at your next dinner party or enjoy as an indulgent snack.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 300g tomatoes on the vine, diced
- 50ml Mokhado Avocado Oil
- Cashew cheese (or your favourite vegan cheese)
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Rub the slices of sourdough with the clove of garlic, drizzle with a little avocado oil and grill until toasted.
- Add the tomatoes, remaining avocado oil and basil to a bowl and mix.
- Spread the sourdough with a good amount of cashew cheese.
- Top with the tomatoes and a drizzle of avocado oil and serve.