Beat the breakfast boredom with this super glam, healthy and delicious granola served with stewed apricots - the perfect antidote to a dull routine. Our Apricot Kernel oil makes for the perfect fruity flavour match in this wonderfully simple recipe. Give it a go today.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + cooling time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
GRANOLA (yields 8-10 portions)
- 250ml (1 cup / 100g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 125ml (½ cup / 90g) sunflower seeds
- 125ml (½ cup / 90g) pumpkin seeds
- 60ml (¼ cup / 31g) gluten-free flour
- 60ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Mokhado Apricot Kernel Oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) flax seeds
- pinch salt
- 125ml (½ cup / 15g) brown puffed rice or puffed millet
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 80ml (⅓ cup / 80g) dried apricots, chopped
- 180ml (¾ cup) water
- 1 breakfast tea teabag
- 15ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 80ml (⅓ cup / 80g) dried apricots
- 500ml (2 cups) soy or nut yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray. Combine the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flour, syrup, Apricot Kernel oil, flax seeds and salt together. Stir to mix it all through evenly. Spread the mixture out onto the lined tray and bake on the bottom shelf for 15 minutes. Give the mixture a stir and bake for another 10 minutes until golden. The mixture will crisp up more as it cools. Once the granola is removed from the oven, stir in the puffed rice, pistachios and apricots. Allow the mixture to cool on the tray before transferring to an airtight container.
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer 4-5 minutes. Remove the teabag.
Spoon the yoghurt into serving dishes. Add some stewed apricots on top and scatter a portion of the granola over. The remaining granola can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
TIP: The granola on its own also makes for a great trail mix in lunchboxes.