Love Pad Thai? Now you don’t need to wait for the weekend to go to your favourite street-food place for your regular fix. Simply get in the kitchen and follow our quick, easy and totally yummy recipe. The addition of our Macadamia Nut Oil’s delicately nutty flavour takes this dish to the next level. So, get cooking! Your tastebuds will be on their way to Thailand in no time.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 125ml (½ cup) coconut milk
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Mokhado Roasted Macadamia Nut Butter
- 20ml (4 tsp) Sriracha sauce
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Mokhado Macadamia Oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) miso paste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Mokhado Macadamia Oil + extra
- 200g firm tofu, cubed
- 180g wild mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 100g rice noodles, cooked
- 45ml (3 tbsp) salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 (25g) spring onion, chopped
- handful micro herbs, to serve (optional)
Heat the Macadamia oil in a pan over high heat. Add the tofu and fry for 1 minute on each side until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. Add more Macadamia oil to the hot pan and fry the mushrooms off until tender, 2-3 minutes. Season lightly.
Toss the cooked noodles through the warm sauce and spoon into the serving dish. Add the tofu and mushrooms and scatter the peanuts, spring onions and micro herbs, if using, on top.
TIP: If preferred, the tofu can be replaced with fried tempeh instead.
TIP: The sauce will thicken on standing. Simply re-heat it with a splash of hot water to thin it out again.