Macadamia Oil is a great vegan (and much more nutritious) substitute to butter when baking, and is the star of the show in this Banana and Coconut Loaf that has a delicious nutty crunch.
- 250ml coconut milk or other plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300g plain flour (or gluten-free alternative)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- pinch of salt
- 1 lime
- 30ml Mokhado Macadamia Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 150g grated coconut
- 50g macadamia nuts, chopped (set aside extra macadamias for topping)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C Fan and grease a loaf pan with a little macadamia oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, lime juice, plant-based milk and white wine vinegar.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, grated coconut, macadamia nuts and salt.
- Fold the liquids into dry mixture with a spatula.
- Pour batter into loaf tin and spread out evenly. Sprinkle macadamia nuts on top and then place in the oven for about 45 minutes/1 hour until the loaf is cooked all the way through and the macadamia nuts are a lovely toasted brown.