Summer means berry season is upon us… ripe, juicy berries to make delicious Summer creations with, like this sweet Summer Berry Compote that’s bursting with tantalising flavour and uses our Extra Virgin Macadamia Oil!
- 450g mixed Summer Berries
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp Mokhado Macadamia Oil
- In a saucepan, combine berries, agave syrup, Mokhado Macadamia Oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer.
- Continue simmering, stirring often, until the compote has condensed to about half of its original volume.
- Remove the compote from the heat and let it cool down before serving over porridge or granola.
Tip - top with a handful nuts for an extra boost of healthy fats!